I hate it when people are like, “Well, if she didn’t kick and scream and fight against her rapist, how could he be expected to know he was raping her?”
I don’t feel like writing something lengthy and prosey, though, because let’s be honest; I shouldn’t have to explain why “legitimate rape” is a disgusting thing to even consider being a thing.
So I’m going to bullet point all this nonsense.
- This ignores the intimidation factor. Rape is a violent crime, and therefore, rapists are violent criminals. It takes a certain amount of confidence to fight a violent criminal, and not having that confidence isn’t some big sin. In some cases, it’s what saves a victim’s life.
- It assumes that a woman is always consenting until proven otherwise. That makes out women to be some instrument of pleasure for a man. It turns them into sexual objects with the potential for autonomy, not autonomous beings with the potential for sexuality.
- It makes it so that just saying no isn’t enough. Now, we have to prove we don’t want it. And if the proof we have isn’t “enough,” a man can overturn our decision.
Not to mention all the ways that this whole idea prioritizes male desire over female desire (or lack thereof). If you can’t tell whether or not a lady wants it, but your dick is hard, who gives a shit what she thinks, right? That’s just how things work at parties!
… Is a thing that you would only say if you were someone who had a complete lack of respect for the basic bodily autonomy of women.
- footballheadthemusical likes this
- a-shout-to-the-void reblogged this from sayamalayam
- maj0r-minus likes this
- l-k-m likes this
- skunkitty likes this
- deuss-exmachina likes this
- you-were-my-queen reblogged this from sayamalayam
- gentlywachainsaw reblogged this from smellslikegirlriot
- saintsatyr likes this
- smellslikegirlriot reblogged this from sayamalayam
- kickassical likes this
- monkeysandplaybills likes this
- thebookworm likes this
- thebitchyroommate reblogged this from sayamalayam
- sayamalayam posted this